Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Crew Call

Finally...collaborative filmmaking. I've been looking forward to this music video project but did not think to expect different crew positions. I've worked on set before. It was for Nelson Oliver's Honors Thesis, and the film was a 20ish minute short about the 1898 Wilmington Race Riots entitled: "The Red Cape."

I've already had experience with grip/gaffer/dolly grip/PA/extra work which is why I wanted to dive into the position of cinematographer. But then again, so did everyone else, so the luck of the draw ruled me out there. As Shannon was saying in class, the Grip/Gaffer job is going to take more artistic and hard work than any other position, BITCH! I'm ready...

1 comment:

silvashan said...

That's the spirit that will make your film rock! Go to it!